Thursday, January 29, 2009

On my way to Asia (almost)....

For all of you that haven't heard yet, tomorrow I leave for Southeast Asia. I've been planning this trip for a long time, and I'm super excited that it's finally happening! This trip is not related to EMI, but I figured I'd still share the adventure with all of you. I bought the plane tickets months ago before I knew that I'd be moving to Colorado, so I'll have to work some overtime to make up for the 2 weeks that I'll be gone. EMI doesn't really allow for interns to take that much vacation time....I'm pretty sure it will be worth it though!

Also because the tickets were purchased before I moved, I'll be flying out from Seattle on Saturday afternoon, so tomorrow night I'm flying to Seattle, and I'm really excited about getting to see some of the folks that I've been missing over the past month. From Seattle I'll be going to Thailand, meeting up with my friend Erin (who teaches English in China) and from there we'll be heading over to Vietnam and traveling up the coast from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. And enjoying the 80 degree weather! Totally can't wait!

In other news, this has been a good week. Work was fun, and I got a lot of stuff done to prepare for our project trip. Tuesday night, the interns got together and had game night. We played Catch Phrase and Apples to Apples, and it was a really good time. Wednesday night, Jeni (the lady who Vicky and I are staying with) made supper for us, and the 3 of us sat and talked pretty much all night. Jeni told Vicky and me about all the cool things we have to see while we're in Colorado, and they all sound awesome. Not sure if I'll have time for everything, but I'm going to try!

That's about all I can think of for now. Please pray for safety for me and Erin during our travels. Thanks! Miss ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment