Monday, January 19, 2009

Here we go....


For those who haven't heard, I made it to Colorado Springs safely. I arrived last Saturday, January 10 in the afternoon, and I spent the past week at Orientation. It was great getting to know all of the other interns as well as some EMI staff and long term volunteers at Orientation. (See the picture at the top of this post.) We took personality tests to learn how to relate to each other, played culture games, did a bunch of teambuilding activities, and even got to go hiking a couple times. It was sad to see the overseas interns leave this morning after spending so much time with them.

Tomorrow is my first official day of work at the EMI office. Not sure what's in store for me yet, but I'm pretty excited for it! I also got to meet my project team leader, Bob Smith, who will be leading the trip to Nigeria that I'm going on in March. As it turns out, I also get to go to Kenya for a few days once we're done with the project in Nigeria. For those of you who know how much I like traveling to new places, I'm sure you can picture how excited I was to find this out!

Thanks for all your prayers and support! I can't wait to see how God will work in me and through me over the next few months!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, Mel! I have a few blogs that I check regularly, so I've added you to my list of favorites. Have a great day!
    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just became your "follower"...which is kinda weird. Is that like a disciple?!?!?

    ReplyDelete