Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sorry it's been awhile!

I've been a bit busy lately and haven't had much time for writing on this thing, but here's a quick update of what I've been up to for the last couple weeks:

Most of the interns are back from their project trips now, so I've been hanging out with them again which is always fun. At work I've been going to meetings, writing reports, and working on drawings for our Kenya and Nigeria projects. Bob is hoping we'll be able to wrap up the Kenya one before I'm done at EMI....which is only a few weeks away now. The Nigeria job is going to take a few more months, so I probably won't get to see that completed.

I've also started applying for jobs. Things at Harmsen are still slow, so they don't really have enough work to hire me back. I've been submitting resumes like crazy for the last several days, but haven't had much luck so far. I'm really hoping I can find something in the Seattle area because I'd really like to move back there, but I'm not sure how much longer I should keep hoping for that before I give up and start applying anywhere and everywhere. Anyway, if you could all add that to your prayer list, it would be much appreciated!

On a happier note, Jared (my boyfriend for those who don't know) came to visit me this past weekend. The weather didn't cooperate too well. Friday and Saturday were cold and snowy, but we still had a really good time. And luckily things cleared up on Sunday so we actually got to see the mountains and do some outdoor activities. It was hard coming back to work after dropping him off at the airport on Monday. I wish I could have just gone back to Seattle with him! Living in CO has really made me realize how much I love WA, and I really miss all of my friends and my church and the scenery and even the rain sometimes. Not that CO isn't nice too, but I'm ready to go home.

My parents and grandparents are coming to visit this weekend, so now I have that to look forward to. I have a lot of work to get done before then too, and only a couple more days to do it, so it looks like I'll be staying pretty busy. Thanks for your continued support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment