Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pictures from my trip!

I finally finished going through all the pictures I have from my project trip to Kenya and Nigeria. Here's a link to the website that I've posted them on if you want to check them out: http://picasaweb.google.com/melhaagsma/EMiTrip. I actually started out with thousands upon thousands of them, but I didn't want to bore you, so I've narrowed it down to just some of the more interesting ones.

I only have 2 weeks left here at EMI, and then I'll be moving back to Seattle. I'm still looking for a job for when I'm done, so please continue to pray that everything will work out with that. I've got a lot of stuff to get done in the next couple weeks, so also pray that I'll be able to wrap everything up efficiently. I've got a lot of fun things planned too. Mostly weekend activities with the other interns. This past weekend my parents and grandparents came to visit, and we had a really fun time. The weather wasn't great, but we still got to see a lot of stuff. I think the highlight was our visit to Bishop's Castle: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2047

Also, I finally found out the total cost of my project trip, and it ended up being about $600 more than what I was originally told. Mostly because we traveled to two countries rather than just one, and also because we visited a lot of ministries during our time there. Anyway, I am now in debt to EMI, and I'm hoping that I can raise enough support to pay that off and possibly get enough money for my last month of rent as well. If you would be willing to donate toward the cause, you can do so on the EMI website by going to their donation
page: https://emisecure.org/donate.html. Just fill out your info, and put “Melanie Haagsma-2746” in the designation box.

Hope you all enjoy the pictures! I hope they give you a good idea of what my trip was like and the kind of work we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment