Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back in the USA

It's good to be home. I'm even enjoying the snow. The trip home was actually pretty bad....for me at least. I got violently ill somewhere between Amsterdam and Minneapolis, and spent the rest of that flight and the flight from Minneapolis to Denver throwing up about every 1 or 2 hours. I did get to be pushed around the MSP and DEN airports in a wheelchair though, so that was pretty exciting. Thankfully I'm doing much better now, and I'm very grateful that I wasn't traveling alone. The rest of the team helped me out a lot with carrying my luggage, pushing my wheelchair, getting me drugs and water, etc.

On a happier note, I'm really excited about the work that we were able to do in Nigeria, and even more excited about the work that God is continuing to do through great organizations like Back2Back and Self-Sustaining Enterprises. It was a real blessing to partner with both of these ministries. They are doing great things, and have visions for even better things to come. It made our eMi team proud to be a part of it. Our last day in Nigeria we went to a village way out in the bush for the dedication of a borehole that SSE had just drilled. The villagers threw quite the celebration with tribal dancers and everything. It was amazing to see how something as simple as clean water was such a lifesaving blessing to these people. So many of the diseases that Nigerian children suffer from and often die from are caused by not having access to clean water. I could go on forever about how amazing I think these ministries are, but I'd probably start boring everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment