Thursday, May 20, 2010

My New Obsession

As some of you may already know, I have a new obsession -- swing dancing. My friend Kristin and I have been taking lessons for the past few months, and it's a total blast! We're halfway through our Lindy Hop 2 class right now, and have already mapped out what classes to take for the next several months.

Kristin and I go to open swing nearly every Friday at Eastside Stomp in Kirkland. Everyone there is really friendly, so it's always a good time, and the weekly practice is a great way to improve on what we've learned in class.


These pictures are from the Eastside website. The one above is the only one I could find that shows me dancing. Too bad it's just my back and I'm only halfway in the picture, but at least it proves that I do actually dance!

The picture below shows a sweet move that I would love to be able to do someday. Looks fun, huh? I think that's why swing dancing is so addicting -- the more you learn, the more you wish you knew, and watching other people who are really good inspires you to want to be that good as well.


So that's my new obsession. If you're ever in Seattle you'll have to join me. I'm hoping I can show off my new skills at my sisters wedding this summer since she tells me they're going to have swing dancing at the reception, maybe I'll even be able to teach some of the guests a few moves!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for our swing dancing obsession...a good obsession to have I must say. I seriously don't even know how to walk normal anymore. I am just rock step, triple stepping all over the place!

    ReplyDelete