Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm going to India!

This is going to be a rather short post since the title pretty much says it all, but I have to share my excitement on the web for the whole world.

My friend Divya is getting married on the 23rd in New Delhi, India, and through a series of minor miracles, I get to go! The first miracle was that it was a pretty short engagement, so I didn't have much notice as far as applying for a visa and finding plane tickets, but it all worked out, and I now have a fresh new sticker in my passport and a slightly pricey e-ticket just waiting for next Friday when I leave.

The second miracle is that my parents were supposed to come visit that same week, so I had to ask them to switch their travel plans. Fortunately they were accommodating as was their airline who switched their tickets to a new date for free. Now they're coming to visit in April so I'm looking forward to that!

I also have very little vacation time from work since I'm still pretty new there, and I used most of my allotted vacation time to go home for Christmas. But since I have pretty much the nicest boss ever (all my coworkers are nice for that matter), he's letting me take a few days off unpaid, so I get to be in India for a whole week! (Which is good since it takes about 36 hours to get there!)

Speaking of my nice nice coworkers, on to a completely different topic....

In case you haven't heard (though I assume anyone who bothers to read this probably also reads my facebook statuses....), this past Sunday I was in a car accident that totaled my car. I took Monday off from work, and on Tuesday decided I was going to master the public transportation system and take the bus to work. I live 4 miles away, which is about 7 minutes by car, and apparently 90 minutes by bus. I was not impressed. When my coworkers heard, they all started offering me rides to and from work. I'm going to owe them big time. Though they probably won't accept payment.....maybe they'd accept chocolate chip cookies....

No comments:

Post a Comment