Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sorry for the long hiatus...

It has been brought to my attention that my blog has been rather neglected as of late. I've been pretty busy and haven't had a chance to write, despite the fact that there's been plenty to write about, so I apologize for the long absence. Since I last wrote, I have started a new job (finally!), traveled to Michigan to visit my family, traveled to South Dakota for my cousin's wedding, and done many other exciting, fun things.

First off, my new job is amazing! All my coworkers are great, and they've been giving me some really fun projects to work on. There's also been a lot of time spent learning new software (mostly stormwater modeling programs), which isn't always so exciting, but does make me feel a good sense of accomplishment when I get it to work correctly! The company does mostly land development consulting, and the main job that I'm working on is a residential development with over 800 single family residences. I've never worked on a project that was that large before, so it's been challenging -- in a good way! So far the job hasn't quite been full-time, but it should become a full-time position with all the benefits and stuff in the next couple months, so keep praying that happens soon!

A few weeks ago, I flew to Michigan and spent a couple days there with my family. I helped my sister with some wedding planning, got to enjoy my parents pool (which was nice since it was quite hot and humid while I was there), and survived a tornado warning. A few days after I flew in, all five of us piled into my parents van and drove about 14 hours to my grandparents' house in South Dakota. We stayed there for several days visiting family and going to my cousin's wedding which was really fun. I ate way too much wedding cake, which is bad since I still have three weddings left to go this summer.

The day after I got back to Seattle, my friend Bev came to visit. The highlight of her visit was our trip to the top of the Space Needle. The view was amazing! We went just before sunset, so we got to see it during daylight and in the dark with all the city lights on. It was very cool, and reading about how they built it and all that was pretty amazing too.

There's been plenty more that has happened in the last several weeks, but I don't have nearly enough time to write about it all. I'll try not to wait so long before posting again, but considering the next month is going to include my friends wedding (this Saturday already!), another trip to Michigan for my sister's wedding, a road trip to Idaho for my old roommates wedding, moving to a new apartment, and I'm sure plenty of other things, I may not have too much time left for blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment