Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hello folks! I'm in Jos, Nigeria now, and will be staying here for about another week.
We're having a good time here, and the work is going really well. I've been helping with the surveying for the past couple days, which involves lots of walking around and fighting my way through brambles, but it's fun, and luckily the weather hasn't been too hot.
This afternoon we went to the village of Kisayhip which is right next to the property that we're helping to develop. We handed out candy and oranges to all the little kids, and of course took lots of pictures of them. They're really cute....one little girl just wanted to hold my hand the whole time. Bob (our project leader) did a magic show that had a Christian message to it (mostly for the kids, but the adults liked it too), and at the end we had about 20 people coming up to accept Christ and have us pray for them. The pastor there said he had never even seen most of those people in church before. It's been pretty exciting to see God working, and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the trip!

1 comment:

  1. Mel, I'm so glad Elizabeth told me about your blog today. It's been nice to catch up on your adventures!

    I didn't even realize you were working a trip to Asia into all of this - you are ambitious!

    Jane & I'll be keeping you in our thoughts & prayers. I'm "following" your blog on my iGoogle page so I won't need Elizabeth to give me updates anymore.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete